Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 8 servings
- 4 tbsp oil
- 2 yellow onions, peeled, quartered, and sliced thin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup hot mustard
- 8 Tofurky beer brats
- 4 ounces medium-bodied beer, you can also use vegetable broth
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and add the sliced onions.
- Sauté over low heat until browned, soft, and caramelized.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Stir in the hot mustard.
- Set aside.
- On a grill, cook the sausages, basting with beer every few minutes.
- Serve the grilled brats with the caramelized onions.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 330 | Fat 19 g | Carbs 11 g | Sodium 610 mg | Fiber 3 g.
- WW Points 8.