Recipe from United Soybean Board
- 16 oz tofu, firm
- 2 tbsp soybean oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup onion, yellow, sliced
- 8 oz button mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced (When using dried shiitake mushrooms, rehydrate in water and slice)
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp white pepper
- Rinse tofu, set on several layers of paper towels and allow to drain to remove excess water.
- Cut tofu into 1-inch cubes.
- Heat wok or heavy skillet until hot over high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons soybean oil and brown the garlic about 10 seconds.
- Add sliced onions mushrooms, bamboo shoots and stir with a ladle until aromatic, about 1 minute.
- Add broth and tofu. Bring to a boil and cover with pan lid.
- Steam cook 1 minute and remove cover.
- Add oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, salt, and white pepper.
- Mix water and cornstarch.
- Add cornstarch solution to stir-fry, stir until thickened.
- Serve family-style with freshly cooked rice or on noodles as a balanced meal.