Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Recipe from United Soybean Board
- 16 oz tofu, firm
- 2 tbsp soybean oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup onion, yellow, sliced
- 8 oz button mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced (When using dried shiitake mushrooms, rehydrate in water and slice)
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp white pepper
- Rinse tofu, set on several layers of paper towels and allow to drain to remove excess water.
- Cut tofu into 1-inch cubes.
- Heat wok or heavy skillet until hot over high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons soybean oil and brown the garlic about 10 seconds.
- Add sliced onions mushrooms, bamboo shoots and stir with a ladle until aromatic, about 1 minute.
- Add broth and tofu. Bring to a boil and cover with pan lid.
- Steam cook 1 minute and remove cover.
- Add oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, salt, and white pepper.
- Mix water and cornstarch.
- Add cornstarch solution to stir-fry, stir until thickened.
- Serve family-style with freshly cooked rice or on noodles as a balanced meal.