- 9 (6-inch) corn tortillas, cut into 6 wedges
- 4½ ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- 10 black olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
- 12 ounces firm tofu, crumbled
- 3½ cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil.
- Stir in onion and garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add cottage cheese and tofu and cook 1 minute longer.
- Add tomatoes, cilantro, chili powder, cumin and salt.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Spray a 13 x 9 x 2-inch casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread 1 cup sauce in bottom of casserole.
- Layer with half the tortillas, then sauce, cheddar cheese and green onions.
- Repeat the layers; top with .
- Bake until lightly browned and cheese is bubbly, about 30 minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
Calories: 362 (26% from protein, 37% from carbohydrate, 37% from fat) Protein: 23.8 grams (4 grams soy protein) Total fat: 15.4 grams Saturated fat: 5.8 grams Cholesterol: 26 mg sodium: 1,195 mg Carbohydrate: 33.8 grams Dietary fiber: 5.5 grams
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1½ starch, 2½ meat, 2½ fat