Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Serves: 4
- 16 ounces baked tofu
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 pound mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 cup mushroom stock
- 1½ cups sour cream
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and 2 tablespoons of the butter in a pan and add onions.
- Sauté until they brown and then turn down heat and continue cooking until they caramelize.
- Stir frequently for about 15 minutes.
- As onions cook, slice mushrooms, chop garlic and warm the mushroom stock.
- Mix thyme, paprika and garlic and add to onions.
- Add remaining butter and soy sauce and when butter melts, add the mushrooms.
- Add tofu and wine to mushrooms and let cook about 10 minutes.
- Add the heated mushroom stock to sour cream and then add this mixture to pan once mushrooms are cooked.
- Simmer until the sauce is hot and be careful not to boil.
- Add salt and pepper and serve over rice or thick noodles.