Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 lb. soft tofu
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 2 large scallions (white and light green parts), finely chopped ( 1/4 cup)
- 1/8 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 to 8 medium basil leaves, cut crosswise into fine shreds (1 Tbs.)
- 1 Tbs. snipped chives
- 1 Tbs. finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tbs. finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. Cut tofu block in half horizontally, then cut in half lengthwise, keeping block intact. One at a time, take a piece of tofu in your hand. Holding it over sink, squeeze tofu gently but firmly until it crumbles slightly and water drips out. When about half the moisture has been removed, place tofu in bowl. Repeat until all tofu has been squeezed.
2. In nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add scallions. Stir just until they sizzle, 30 seconds. Add turmeric, salt and tofu. Stir with wooden spoon, breaking up tofu, until it is evenly golden and moist, about 1 minute. Mix in basil, chives, dill and parsley. Stir gently until tofu looks like well-set scrambled eggs, about 1 minute. Serve immediately.