- 1 1/2 cups chopped Onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce or diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons snipped parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 bay leaves, crushed
- 1 pound fresh or frozen tofu (if frozen, defrost), cubed and squeezed dry
- 3 cups hot cooked rice, preferably brown
Stir in tofu; heat to boiling. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
Yields 4 servings.