Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups onions, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 4 to 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons canned green chiles, diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red hot pepper (optional)
- 14 ounces firm Chinese-style tofu, frozen, thawed, drained and crumbled
- 2 cups black beans, cooked
- 1 skinless boneless Chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes in purée
Heat oil in large pan. Add Onion, celery, green pepper, and garlic. Sauté over medium heat until Onion is translucent. Add green chiles, cumin seeds, oregano, chili powder and crushed red hot pepper if desired. Blend and sauté 1 to 2 minutes longer. Add well drained, crumbled tofu, black beans, Chicken breast, and tomatoes. Break up tomatoes into smaller pieces. Mix well, partially cover, and gently simmer over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes longer. Serve. Add salt or light salt, pepper, and/or hot sauce to taste.