Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 1/3 cups cake flour or unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (10.5 ounce) package Mori-Nu Silken Lite tofu (extra-firm)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar or sucanat
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, finely chopped
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Grease bottom and sides of an 8-inch square pan with vegetable shortening. Place wax paper on greased pan bottom and grease top of paper.
In food processor, blend dry ingredients. Empty into small bowl; set aside.
Add dry mixture all at once. Pulse to blend just until all dry ingredients are moistened. Spread evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
Bake for 20 minutes or until brownies spring back when touched lightly in center. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes before turning out on cooling rack. Cool completely.
Makes 12 servings.