- 1/2 cup soft tofu
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup sunflower or safflower oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 egg or egg replacement for 1 egg
- 2 cups whole Wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash of salt
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Add to food processor along with salt and process until creamy. Pulse in poppy seeds. Pour into an oiled 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center of bread comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes before removing from pan.
Yields 1 loaf.