Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 tbsp dairy-free margarine (or extra-virgin olive oil)
- 2½ tbsp unbleached flour (use slightly less if you don't want it too thick)
Blended mixture Edit
- 1 cup soy milk
- ½ cup extra-firm silken tofu or medium-firm tofu, crumbled
- ½ cup water
- enough flavorful veggie boullion or powder for 1 cup of liquid
- ½ tsp salt
- a large pinch each of freshly-grated nutmeg and white pepper
- Blend all blended ingredients in a blender except for the nutmeg and white pepper until very smooth (a minute or so).
- Melt the margarine in a medium, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, whisking in the flour to get a roux but before it starts to change color.
- Scrape the roux into the blender and blend to mix for a few seconds.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and stir over medium-high heat until it thickens and boils.
- Simmer on low for a few minutes, whisking in nutmeg and white pepper.