- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/3 cup chocolate-covered toffee pieces
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add the brown sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Beat in flour and salt until combined.
- Spread dough evenly in an ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until edges begin to brown and surface is dry.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with chocolate pieces.
- Let stand about 2 minutes or until chocolate is softened; spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with walnuts and toffee pieces.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Cut into bars.