Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Makes 4 – 6 servings
- 1 pound fresh green beans 
- 6 ounces onion, sliced thick 
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 – 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet or wok, sauté the green beans in oil and 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat about 4 – 5 minutes or until they start to brown.
- Add another tablespoon of butter, if needed, and add the onions.
- Sauté until the onions are nice and brown.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- ↑ You can also use a 16-ounce bag of frozen thin green beans that have been thawed completely and patted dry. I used frozen beans.
- ↑ I used a medium onion plus one small onion to get 6 ounces.
Nutritional information Edit
- Per ¼ recipe: 126 Calories | 9g Fat | 2g Protein | 10g Carbohydrate | 4g Dietary Fiber | 6g Net Carbs
- per ⅙ recipe: 84 Calories | 6g Fat | 1g Protein | 7g Carbohydrate | 3g Dietary Fiber | 4g Net Carbs