Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Makes 4 – 6 servings
- 1 pound fresh green beans 
- 6 ounces onion, sliced thick 
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 – 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet or wok, sauté the green beans in oil and 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat about 4 – 5 minutes or until they start to brown.
- Add another tablespoon of butter, if needed, and add the onions.
- Sauté until the onions are nice and brown.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- ↑ You can also use a 16-ounce bag of frozen thin green beans that have been thawed completely and patted dry. I used frozen beans.
- ↑ I used a medium onion plus one small onion to get 6 ounces.
Nutritional information Edit
- Per ¼ recipe: 126 Calories | 9g Fat | 2g Protein | 10g Carbohydrate | 4g Dietary Fiber | 6g Net Carbs
- per ⅙ recipe: 84 Calories | 6g Fat | 1g Protein | 7g Carbohydrate | 3g Dietary Fiber | 4g Net Carbs