Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cheese fondue originated in Switzerland, but chocolate fondue was a New World recipe created in 1964 by Konrad Egli, a Swiss-born chef working at New York's Chalet Swiss restaurant. Zurich's Toblerone chocolate works well in the dish, because its honey-nougat blend echoes the honey and almond flavoring that are also in the recipe.
- 6 tablespoons whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 7 ounces Toblerone bittersweet chocolate (2 x 3.52-ounce bars) or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon kirsch (clear cherry brandy)
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- fresh fruit (such as whole strawberries, 1-inch-thick slices peeled banana, peeled pear wedges and orange segments)