Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded
- 1 poblano chile pepper, seeded (or bell pepper for a milder salad)
- 5 green onions, trimmed
- 2 carrots, shredded
- ⅓ cup white vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice (about ½ a lime)
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups salad greens
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Slice the tortillas into very thin strips (⅛-inch or less).
- Place sliced tortillas on a baking sheet and toast until very crispy, about 8 minutes.
- Slice the red pepper, poblano pepper, and green onion very thin.
- Grate the carrots.
- Combine vegetables in a mixing bowl with vinegar, lime juice, cilantro, chili powder, and salt; toss to mix.
- Toss in toasted tortilla strips just before serving.