Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fruit & Vegetable Recipes I by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain goverment resource—original source of recipe
- Before toasting seeds be sure to dry them first.
- Wash to remove strings.
- Pat dry with paper towels and spread in a single layer on cookie sheet.
- Let stand 2 to 3 days, stirring occasionally to prevent mold.
- To toast the seeds, spread them on a jelly-roll pan.
- Bake in a 350°F.
- For 15 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- In a small skillet over low heat, in a little hot butter or margarine, cook seeds until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Toss with dried fruits and serve.