These are great with dips, soups and in lunches. For more fiber, use whole wheat pita bread. You can also make the pita crisps good for spreading, dipping, or serving plain or with other main dishes, appetizers, or side dishes.
- Yield: 8 cups or 64 chips
- Preheat an oven to 325° F. Split each pita pocket in half.
- Cut each half into 6 triangles with a sharp knife.
- Arrange in single layers on cookie sheets. Sprinkle lightly with garlic powder, if desired.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until chips are lightly browned and very crisp. Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Nutritional information Edit
For one serving = 1 cup or 8 chips:
- calories: 96 protein: 3 g fat: < 1 g carbohydrate: 19 g fiber: 0.5 g cholesterol: 0 mg sodium: 161 mg potassium: 34 mg