These edible pumpkin seeds are a popular ingredient in Mexican cooking. With their white hull removed, they are a medium-dark green and have a deliciously delicate flavor, which is even better when the seeds are roasted and salted. Pepitas are sold salted, roasted and raw, and with or without hulls.
- Combine oil, salt and pumpkin seeds in a bowl.
- Make sure all seeds are evenly coated.
- Spread the seeds in a shallow baking pan.
- Toast at 350°F in an oven for 15 minutes, stirring once halfway though.
- When the seeds are finished spread them out over a paper towel and lightly dab away any extra oil.
- Store in an airtight container.