I obtained this recipe from an estate sale when I purchased the family collection from the Sullivan Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ¾ cup dry bulgur
- ⅓ cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh corn cut from ears
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- ⅓ cup chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large heavy dry skillet toast bulgur over medium heat for 10 minutes stirring occasionally until lightly browned.
- Add water and salt and bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes covered.
- Transfer to bowl and cool in refrigerator.
- Sauté corn in oil in heavy skillet for 7 minutes.
- Add corn, tomatoes, scallions, vinegar and pepper to bulgur.
- Toss lightly and chill before serving.