Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 2¼ cups flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 sticks chilled, unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp cream of coconut
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1½ cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Mix flour and sugar in processor.
- Add butter, pulse off and on till mixture begins to come together.
- Press dough evenly over bottom of 13x9" pan.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Reduce oven heat to 300°F.
- For topping, combine brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, cream of coconut (canned, such as [[Coco López, found in grocery stores in bar supplies), milk, flour and vanilla in large bowl.
- Whisk just until blended.
- Fold in melted butter.
- Sprinkle coconut over crust.
- Pour mixture over evenly.
- Bake until topping is set and golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- Transfer to rack and cool.
- Cut in squares.
- Store in airtight container.
- Can be doubled and baked on 15" baking sheet.