Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- From: Diabetic Living Diet Online
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Servings: 18
- 1 x 11 oz pie crust mix (for 2-crust pie)
- 5 oz broccoli, frozen and chopped
- ¾ cup cheese, Swiss
- 1 cups milk, fat-free
- ½ cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 2 whole eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp dill
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly coat thirty-six 1¾-inch muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Prepare pie crust mix according to package directions.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to slightly less than ⅛ inch thick.
- Using a 2½-inch fluted round biscuit or cookie cutter, cut dough into circles.
- Re-roll scraps, cutting additional circles.
- Line each muffin cup with a pastry circle.
- Pat broccoli dry with paper towels.
- Divide broccoli and cheese evenly among pastry-lined muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, combine milk, egg product, dill, and salt; spoon about 2 teaspoons of the milk mixture into each muffin cup.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until puffed and set.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 5 minutes.
- Loosen and remove from pans.
- Serve warm.
Nutritional information Edit
- 123 Calories | 7 g Total Fat | 3 g Saturated Fat | 179 mg Sodium | 9 g Carbs | 0 g Dietary Fiber | 5 mg Cholesterol | 3 g Protein
- Exchanges: ½ starch, ½ lean meat, 1 fat
- Carb Choices: ½