This is a delicious cold Avocado and Eggplant soup. I'm not sure if it's original, or if it's known by another name. I just emptied out my fridge one day and i was stunned by the results.
- 3 ripe avocados
- pulp from 6 ripe tomatoes
- 1 roasted eggplant
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- a little cilantro
- some decent olive oil
- Cut the eggplant in half, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Roast it in the oven until it looks soft and delicious. I cooked mine for 30 minutes at 350 °F. When it's cooked, pull the flesh away from the skin and chop into 1 inch chunks.
- I used a food mill to retrieve the pulp from the tomatoes, leaving the skin and seeds behind.
- Dice the avocados.
- Blend half the avocados with the tomatoes pulp until smooth.
- Mix the avocado and tomato pulp with the rest of the avocados and the egg plant. Add a couple of table spoons of olive oil, the lime juice, the cilantro and the garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with some good bread.