Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a delicious cold Avocado and Eggplant soup. I'm not sure if it's original, or if it's known by another name. I just emptied out my fridge one day and i was stunned by the results.
- 3 ripe avocados
- pulp from 6 ripe tomatoes
- 1 roasted eggplant
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- a little cilantro
- some decent olive oil
- Cut the eggplant in half, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Roast it in the oven until it looks soft and delicious. I cooked mine for 30 minutes at 350 °F. When it's cooked, pull the flesh away from the skin and chop into 1 inch chunks.
- I used a food mill to retrieve the pulp from the tomatoes, leaving the skin and seeds behind.
- Dice the avocados.
- Blend half the avocados with the tomatoes pulp until smooth.
- Mix the avocado and tomato pulp with the rest of the avocados and the egg plant. Add a couple of table spoons of olive oil, the lime juice, the cilantro and the garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with some good bread.