Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 450 g (1 lb) long-grain rice
- 400 ml (¾ pint) boiling water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cardamom pods
- Wash rice, drain and place in a medium saucepan.
- Add 400 ml (¾ pint) of boiling water.
- Add turmeric, olive oil, salt, cardamom and cover pan.
- Boil on high heat for 10 minutes, until the water has evaporated.
- Lift the lid and give a quick stir, then place lid back on and simmer for 10 minutes on very low heat.