Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Ethnicity - Assamee, East Indian
- Type of meal - festive sweets
- Clean and soak the rice overnight . Strain the rice.
- Cover with a cloth and leave it in the strainer for 2 hours and grind. Do not over grind.
- Lightly roast the sesame seeds, pound it slightly and remove its outer shell.
- Mash the jaggery. Pour sesame seeds into the jaggery and mix them well.
- Heat a pan in medium flame and take a ladle of rice batter place it in the middle of the pan and spread to a size of small puri with the back of your fisted hand.
- While it is being roasted, place the stuffing of jaggery and sesame mix in the centre.
- When the rice batter become firm, cover the stuffing by folding it on both sides. Turn over.
- Lightly heat and remove from fire. Make sure the jaggery does not melt and flow out.
- The pitha is not allowed to turn brown; it should remain white.
- It can be stored in a covered container for about a week.