- 100 g (4 oz) butter, plus a little for frying the * ½ medium onion, very finely chopped
- 4 plum tomatoes, skinned, seeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 450 g (1 lb) spring cabbage, chard, rape greens or spinach, very finely chopped
- 400 g (14 oz) fillets
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 level dessertspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon ground fresh nuts, for example, peanuts, almonds, walnuts, etc. (optional)
- lemon wedges, to garnish
- Melt half the butter in a pan and sauté the onion and tomatoes for a few minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic and cabbage, cover the pan, and cook over a low heat for about 6 minutes until tender, checking and stirring from time to time.
- Meanwhile, heat a knob of butter in a pan and quickly fry the fillets on both sides until golden. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Wipe out the pan, put in the remaining butter, and cook for a few moments until golden.
- Stir in the lemon juice and parsley, heat through and pour over the .
- Garnish with the nuts and lemon wedges.