Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2-4 sprigs cilantro (coriander leaf) fresh or frozen, not dried!
- ½ small or medium Onion
- ½ small red or yellow sweet pepper (optional)
- 3 cups (700 ml) chicken broth or water
- 2 cups (350 ml) white rice
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt
- Chop cilantro, Onion, and sweet pepper very fine.
- Add 1 Tablespoon oil to a large pan and sauté the dry rice for 2 minutes over medium high flame then add the chopped Onion, sweet pepper and cilantro and sauté another 2 minutes.
- Add water or chicken broth, bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to simmer until rice is tender (20–35 minutes). #This is also the recipe for Tico rice used in favorites like tamales and Gallo Pinto.