Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 tsp oil
- 4 oz buckwheat
- 4 oz onion, diced
- 8 oz mushrooms, chopped
- ¼ pint red wine
- ¼ pint stock
- 4 oz walnuts
- 8 oz spinach
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp sage
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Heat oil in a skillet and fry the buckwheat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add onions and mushrooms and cook for a few more minutes.
- Pour in the wine and stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add more stock if necessary.
- Grind the walnuts finely.
- Wash and cook spinach without water for 6 minutes.
- Drain off any excess liquid and chop thoroughly.
- When buckwheat is cooked, remove pan from heat and let cool slightly.
- Stir in walnuts and spinach.
- Mix in the herbs and mix well.
- Season to taste.
- Grease a 1 lb loaf tin and press in the mixture.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes till the top is dark brown and feels firm to the touch.
- Let it stand for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a plate.
- Serve with vegetables and greens.