Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a simple, healthy, and unusually spiced soup. It is really satisfying.
- 1½ cups dried lentils, rinsed
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1½ cups onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 fresh chili pepper
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 potato, diced
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 3 cups undrained canned tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Bring the lentils and water to a boil, then reduce the hear, cover and simmer until tender; about 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, heat oil and saute the onions, garlic and chili for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, potatoes, coriander and cumin and saute for another minute, stirring to prevent sticking.
- Remove from the heat and set aside When lentils are tender, coarsely chop the tomatoes right in the can and stir them into the soup pot.
- Add the chopped cilantro, salt, and sauteed vegetables.
- Cover and simmer for about 10-15 minutes, until all of the vegetables are tender.