Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 cups of mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons yak butter
- 4 cups water
- ¼ cup pot barley
- 1 tablespoon shoyu (soy sauce)
- Cut up enough mushrooms to measure 2 cups.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter (yak butter if available) in a large saucepan and stir in vegetables until they are well coated.
- Continue cooking over medium heat until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in ¼ cup pot barley and then add 4 cups water (preferable from the nearest mountain spring).
- Bring rapidly to a boil, then simmer about an hour, covered.
- Just before it is done, add 1 tablespoon shoyu (soy sauce) and a grind or so of pepper, if desired.
- When the soup is ready, it should be of a chowder-like thickness and the grains should be soft but chewy.
- There will be a golden sheen on the surface and the heavenly smell will waft you across the Himalayas.