- 12 corn tortillas
- 1½ cups bean purée
- vegetable oil spray
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red and 1 green pepper, sliced thin
- 1 quart tomato sauce
- 1 zucchini or summer squash, diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- ½ cup reduced fat shredded Cheddar or Monterey jack cheese
- Sauté onions, garlic, peppers and squash in oil until tender.
- Add tomato sauce and cilantro.
- Turn heat down and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Coat a casserole dish with vegetable oil spray and line with half the tortillas
- Spread bean dip over tortillas and top with cheese.
- Add remaining tortillas.
- Add tomato squash sauce on top and bake covered for 1 hour at 350 °F.