Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Three Dollar Shoes" is a gin cocktail made with Seagram's and Bombay Sapphire brand gin. It also includes Margarita mixer for sweetness, and grenadine to give the drink a pink tint.
The Three Dollar Shoes cocktail was invented in Albuquerque, New Mexico on 21 July 2006 as a strong but sweet cocktail to drink before going to a local club for Salsa dancing. Originally, the drink included only Seagram's and Margarita mixer. Bombay Sapphire was added to give a higher alcohol content, and drawing inspiration from one of the inventors recently purchased pink high-heel shoes (for three dollars), the grenadine was added to give the cocktail a pink tint.
For serving the drink, a plastic water-bottle was used for ease and portability. In keeping with the original spirit of the cocktail, if at all possible the drink should be served from a large, cheap plastic bottle, though a drink mixer can be used instead.
- Source: Three Dollar Shoes from the Wikibooks Bartending Guide—original source of recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
- Serves: 1
- 3 parts Seagram's brand gin
- 2 part Bombay Sapphire brand gin
- 2 part (or to taste) chilled margarita mixer
- 1 part grenadine
- Add all ingredients, gin first, into the plastic bottle.
- Shake for 10 seconds, or until well blended.
- Drink directly from water-bottle, or pour into a large glass.
- It may also be served as is or on the rocks.