Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes For diabetic Friends Y-Group
- From: Cooking Light 1997
- Yield: 12 Servings
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- ½ cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8-oz) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 12 taco shells
- ¾ cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- ¾ cup diced tomato
- ½ cup (2 oz) finely shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup salsa
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add onion and next 6 ingredients (onion through garlic), and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, beans, and tomato sauce.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until thick.
- Prepare taco shells according to package directions.
- Spoon ¼ cup bean mixture into each taco shell.
- Top each with lettuce, 1 tablespoon tomato, 2 teaspoons cheese, and 2 teaspoons salsa.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (serving size: 1 taco):
- 140 Calories (34% from fat) | 5.3 g Fat | 1.2 g Sat | 0.8 g Mono | 1.4 g Poly | 5.3 g Protein | 3 mg Cholesterol | 82 mg Calcium | 185 mg Sodium | 8.7 g Carbs | 2.8 g Fiber