Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons nuoc nam (spicy fish sauce)
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced gingerroot
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 dash black pepper
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onion
- 25 canned grape leaves
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ¾ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons gingerroot, peeled and shredded
- 2 tablespoons carrots, shredded
- Rinse grape leaves in hot water; drain.
- Mix beef with garlic, 2 tsp nuoc mam, ginger root, cilantro, ½ tsp sugar, dash black pepper, and green onion.
- Place generous tablespoonful on grape leaf, and roll envelope-style.
- For sauce, mix together 4 tbsp fish sauce, ½ cup water, 2 tbsp vinegar, 2 tsp sugar, the red pepper, and the 2 cloves of minced garlic.
- Stir in 3 tbsp shredded ginger and 2 tbsp shredded carrots to the sauce.
- Place on skewers and grill (If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 20-30 minutes before using), or broil, 6" from heat for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve rolls with dipping sauce.