Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Use for making pizzas, or for freezing. This recipe makes approximately 2 cups of product.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1½ medium (14 oz) cans peeled tomatoes
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- sea salt and black pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ bay leaf
- 2 tsp chopped basil
- Heat the oil in a broad pan.
- Peel and chop the onion and cook it slowly until softened.
- Do not let the onion color more than a pale yellow.
- Peel and crush the garlic and add it towards the end.
- Pour in the canned tomatoes with their juice and the tomato puree (paste).
- Chop roughly in the pan with the edge of a palette knife.
- Add the salt and pepper, sugar, and bay leaf.
- Simmer slowly for 1 hour with the lid off, until reduced to a thick sauce, stirring now and then.
- Add the chopped basil for the last few minutes only.