Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Ethnicity - South Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 2 no: Mangoes, cut into small square pieces
- 4 tsp: chilli powder
- 3 tsp: salt
- 1/2 teaspoon: asafoetida
- 1 teaspoon: turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon: mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon: oil
- Heat oil in a pan.
- To that add mustard seeds.
- When it pops reduce heat to low and add chilli pwd, salt, asafoetida, turmeric and stir for about 3 minutes. Turn off the heat. Let it cool for a while.
- Add this mixture to the cut mangoes and mix thoroughly.
- Keep this for 7–8 days for the flavour to seep into mangoes.
- You can add a little bit of distilled vinegar if you like. It will help to keep the freshness.
- This is the Kerala mango achar.