Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 8 wedges.
- ½ cup of dried cranberries
- 1 oz Chambord liqueur
- ½ cup half and half
- 6 tablespoons butter at room temperature
- ¼ cup + 3 tablespoons maple sugar
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 2 eggs (graded large)
- Re-hydrate dried cranberries with Chambord Liqueur - set aside.
- Separate the white from one egg - set aside. This will be used to glaze scones before baking.
- Mix butter, sugar, salt, baking powder and butter.
- Add milk to mixture - mix well.
- Add eggs to mixture.
- Knead with lightly floured hands.
- Add cranberries with liquor to mixture.
- Turn out on lightly floured board. Knead firmly, roll into a ball.
- Press mixture onto a flat round disk on a round pizza pan.
- Cut with chef's knife into eight pie wedges, but leaving the circle intact.
- Slightly beat the remaining egg white, then brush over the top and sides of the scone.
- Sprinkle on remaining maple sugar.
- Bake 425°F for 20 – 25 minutes. Cool until warm, serve with honey.