Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 8 wedges.
- ½ cup of dried cranberries
- 1 oz Chambord liqueur
- ½ cup half and half
- 6 tablespoons butter at room temperature
- ¼ cup + 3 tablespoons maple sugar
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 2 eggs (graded large)
- Re-hydrate dried cranberries with Chambord Liqueur - set aside.
- Separate the white from one egg - set aside. This will be used to glaze scones before baking.
- Mix butter, sugar, salt, baking powder and butter.
- Add milk to mixture - mix well.
- Add eggs to mixture.
- Knead with lightly floured hands.
- Add cranberries with liquor to mixture.
- Turn out on lightly floured board. Knead firmly, roll into a ball.
- Press mixture onto a flat round disk on a round pizza pan.
- Cut with chef's knife into eight pie wedges, but leaving the circle intact.
- Slightly beat the remaining egg white, then brush over the top and sides of the scone.
- Sprinkle on remaining maple sugar.
- Bake 425°F for 20 – 25 minutes. Cool until warm, serve with honey.