Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Food and Cooking of Belgium: Traditions, Ingredients, Tastes and Techniques in Over 60 Classic Recipes by Suzanne Vandyck (Author)
- Publisher: Aquamarine
- Language English
- ISBN-10: 1903141540
- ISBN-13: 978-1903141540
A cookbook to be released in June 2008 with traditional classic Belgian recipes, explained step by step. Book includes evocative photographs, chapters about history, geography, customs and culture of Belgium written by Suzanne Vandyck a native of Belgium living in California.
- Explores the geography, climate and history of Belgium, and gives a fascinating insight into the culinary customs and the ingredients that form the basis of this exciting cuisine
- Provides a comprehensive guide to the ingredients of the region, including Belgian endive, asparagus, potatoes, mussels, charcuterie, chocolate, beer, spices and condiments
- Features a wide selection of dishes from soups, appetizers and vegetable side dishes to fish, meat and poultry as well as desserts and bakes
- Includes more than 300 specially commissioned beautiful and evocative photographs, with complete nutritional information given for every recipe
About the Author Edit
Born and raised in Belgium, Suzanne Vandyck’s culinary passion was ignited upon moving to California, where she entered the food industry as a business professional. However, she soon found that her heart was in creating food, and began working and training with various international chefs. She eventually established her own business, World chefs LLC. Suzanne is a guest instructor for many culinary schools, including the Cordon Bleu school of culinary arts in Florence, Italy. She conducts annual culinary and recreational tours in Italy, Belgium and Mexico, and has been awarded the title of outstanding Culinary Instructor of the Year. The collection of recipes in this beautiful new book evokes the tastes and textures of traditional Belgian cooking. All the classics are here, including Cream of Endive Soup, Flemish-style Asparagus, Beef Stew with Beer, Belgian Frites and Chocolate Mousse, providing a comprehensive guide to this glorious cuisine. Packed with over 300 specially commissioned, inspirational pictures and delicious, easy-to-follow recipes, as well as cook’s tips, variations and complete nutritional information, this unique new book is essential reading for anyone who loves to explore new cuisines and cook good food.
- Book can be ordered on www.worldchefs.net.