Contributed by Chef KC
- 1 quart of your favorite chicken stock
- 3 cleaned and chopped leeks
- 2 cups of small diced potatoes
- 2 cups of small diced smoked pork butt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 cans of small white beans
- salt and pepper to taste
- extra virgin olive oil (to sauté)
- Small diced potatoes and diced smoked pork butt should be the same size.
- Sauté leeks in extra virgin olive oil
- Add diced smoked pork butt once leeks are translucent
- Add ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes and 2 cans of small white beans one minute later.
- Add chicken stock, bring to rapid boil, add the 2 cups of small diced potatoes bring back to rapid boil, remove from heat and cover.
- Leave covered for one hour.
- Uncover, stir, add salt and pepper to taste and serve.