Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This may be obvious to everyone else, but I've just discovered how to make lovely "fruit butter."
- Get a pound of dried fruit (I used apricots).
- Put in a heavy saucepan with enough water to cover.
- Simmer for two hours.
- If there is a lot of liquid left, but the fruit is plump and tender and breaking up, turn up the heat and evaporate the water away until there"s just a tad, like maybe ½ cup.
- Pour this into a blender and puree for about a minute.
- Comes out just a bit stiffer than baby food.
- Really really rich and tasty, sweet and tart.
- Perfect for my cream of wheat in the morning and toast.