Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time:30 Minutes
Cook time:30 Minutes
- 1½ lb ground beef
- 1 lb hot breakfast sausage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (14.5oz) whole tomatoes
- 2 cans (6oz) tomato paste
- 4 tbsp dried parsley
- 2 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 whole eggs, beaten
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 pkg (10 oz) lasagna noodles
- ½ tsp salt, 1 tbsp olive oil for pasta water
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet or saucepan, combine ground beef, sausage, and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat until browned. Drain half the fat; less if you're feeling naughty. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, 2 tablespoons of parsley, basil and salt. After adding the tomatoes, the sauce mixture should simmer for 45 minutes while you're working the other steps.
- In a medium bowl, mix cottage cheese, beaten eggs, grated Parmesan, 2 tablespoons of parsley and 1 more teaspoon of salt. Stir together well. Set aside. Cook lasagna until "al dente" (not overly cooked).
- To assemble: arrange 4 cooked lasagna noodles in the bottom of a baking pan, overlapping if necessary. Spoon half the cottage cheese mixture over the noodles. Spread evenly. Cover cottage cheese with a layer of mozzarella cheese. Spoon a little less than half the meat/sauce mixture over the top. Repeat, ending with meat/sauce mixture. Sprinkle top generously with extra Parmesan.
- Either freeze, refrigerate for up to two days, or bake immediately at 350°F for 20-30 minutes, or until top is hot and bubbly.