Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is great the second day and freezes great, too. If you have enough bananas make two and freeze one.
- 3 large bananas (enough to mash 1 cup)
- 1 cup sugar
- replacement for 1 egg (can be 2 egg whites or one egg white and ⅓ cup non-fat yogurt if you use those things)
- 4 tbsp applesauce (baby applesauce is best, but any other is fine)
- 1½ cups flour (i use ½ whole wheat usually)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- With a mixer, beat the mashed bananas with the sugar.
- Add the egg replacer and applesauce and beat again.
- In another bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
- Add this to the banana mixture and stir with a spoon until the dry stuff is all moistened.
- Not too much stirring! pour batter into a loaf pan (about 5 x 9 inches, preferably non-stick or you can spray with Baker's Secret for a split second and spread with a paper towel).
- Bake at 325°F (be sure to preheat first) for about 55 minutes.