- Heat the oil in a large heavy kettle.
- Add the winter squash (such as butternut or hubbard) and celery root; saute over medium heat 2 minutes.
- Add the turkey stock, bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Puree the mixture in a food processor or blender and return to the kettle.
- Add the remaining squash and celery, and the uncooked rice.
- Cook the mixture, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Add the savoy cabbage and cook for 5 minutes, or until the rice and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the cubed turkey meat.
- Heat until hot.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.