Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Wiki.com/Thanksgiving_gravy Thanksgiving Gravy from Recipes Wiki—original recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
- Cook Time: Approximately 30 minutes total
- Makes 8 cups
- ½ quart vegetable stock
- ⅕ cup white or light miso
- ⅕ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp poultry seasoning or other mixed herbs (see tips section below)
- ⅛ tsp dried sage
- ⅓ tsp dried thyme
- ⅛ tsp dried rosemary
- ⅛ tsp black or white pepper
- ½ tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot
- Combine all ingredients except cornstarch or arrowroot in a 4-quart pot.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, then lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- At serving time, dissolve thickener in ½ cup cold water.
- Bring the gravy to a low boil.
- Slowly pour in the thickener and stir whie the gravy turns from milky to smooth and thick.
- Add enough thickener to reach the consistency you desire.