Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Jackie Mills, Cooking Light, June 2007
- Yield: 10 servings
- 3 cups thinly sliced napa (Chinese) cabbage
- ½ cup (⅛-inch) julienne-cut yellow squash
- ½ cup (⅛-inch) julienne-cut zucchini
- ½ cup (⅛-inch) julienne-cut red bell pepper
- ½ cup (⅛-inch) julienne-cut yellow bell pepper
- ½ cup (⅛-inch) julienne-cut seeded peeled cucumber
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
- ¼ cup grated radishes
- 1 minced seeded jalapeño pepper
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- 1½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp chile paste with garlic (such as sambal oelek)
- Combine first 11 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine juice and remaining ingredients in a small bowl; stir with a whisk until sugar dissolves.
- Drizzle over slaw; toss well to coat.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional information Edit
Per ½ cup serving:
- 20 Calories | 5% from Fat | 0.1g Fat | 0g Sat Fat | 0g Mono Fat | 0.1g Poly Fat | 0.9g Protein | 0g Cholesterol | 28 mg Calcium | 156 mg Sodium | 4.6g Carbs | 1.1g Fiber | 0.2g Iron