Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 4 servings of Thai shrimp and rice.
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup sliced scallions
- 1 tbs chopped garlic
- 14 oz can coconut milk
- 1½ cups jasmine or converted white rice
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 oz medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 oz snow peas
- 2 tsp lime zest
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add scallions and garlic, saute 2 minutes or until aromatic.
- Pour coconut milk into a 1 quart liquid measure and add enough water to make 3¼ cups.
- Add to skillet and bring to a boil.
- Add rice, carrots and salt.
- Cover reduce heat and simmer 12 minutes or until rice is nearly tender.
- Stir in shrimp, peas, lime zest.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and cook 4 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through and the peas are tender.
- Garnish with lime wedges and chopped cilantro.