Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Gloria at Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
- Yield: 10 servings (appetizer)
- 20 medium shrimp, cooked and peeled 
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp grated fresh gingerroot
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp granulated sugar 
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 20 (3-inch) wooden skewers or long toothpicks, soaked in warm water for 1 hour
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towels.
- Combine shrimp, garlic, ginger, red pepper, sugar, fish sauce, and lime juice in a glass or ceramic bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Skewer 2 shrimp onto each skewer.
- Serve chilled.
- ↑ You can marinate shrimp up to 6 hours in advance; skewer shrimp up to 3 hours in advance. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- ↑ Leave the sugar out or use your favorite sweetener.
Nutritional information Edit
Per Serving (2 skewers):
- 15 Calories | 1 g Protein | 1 g Carbs | 0 g Dietary Fiber | <1 g Fat | 18 mg Cholesterol | 5 mg Sodium
- Diabetic exchanges: ½ very lean meat
- Glycemic Index (not significant)
- Glycemic Load (not significant)