Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a famous Thai dessert made from water chestnuts. The preparation time includes refrigeration time.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 30 water chestnuts
- 3 drops red food coloring
- ¾ cup tapioca flour
- 2½ cups coconut milk
- rose essence or jasmine essence
Sugar syrup Edit
- Dissolve sugar in water by bringing it to a boil.
- This takes about 1 minute.
- Then remove and chill in the fridge.
Water chestnuts Edit
- Peel the skin from the water chestnuts.
- Diced them into small cubes about 3 to 5 by 3 to 5mm.
- Mix the diced water chestnuts with red food colouring (not too big or too small).
- Add the diced water chestnuts into a plastic bag of tapioca flour and shake well to cover them with flour.
- Pour the water chestnuts from the bag into a sieve.
- Sieve away the excess flour.
- Boil water in a saucepan.
- Pour the water chestnuts into the boiling water and simmer for just 2 minute.
- Remove and drain the water chestnuts.
- Allow it to cool in iced water.