- Heat large wok or skillet over medium heat until very hot.
- Add oil, and, when hot, add curry paste, garlic and ginger.
- Stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add coconut milk, brown sugar and tamari soy sauce, and cook 2 minutes.
- Add squash, and cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add water if mixture is too thick.
- When squash is almost tender, add scallions and green bell peppers, and continue cooking until squash is tender but still intact.
- To serve, garnish with Thai basil leaves, if using, and toss well.