- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 large Onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 1/2 tsp. Thai Green Curry Paste prepared or homemade
- 1 lb. red-skin potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup canned whole tomatoes, plus juice
- 1 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh basil
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Commercially prepared sambal oelek, optional
In large wok or skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add Onion and stir-fry until golden, 5 minutes. Add curry paste and stir-fry 1 minute. Add potatoes and toss well to coat. Stir in coconut milk and broth.
Using your hands, lightly crush tomatoes; add tomatoes and juice to wok. Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in lime juice and basil. Serve over rice with sambal oelek if desired.