Thai Noodle Salad from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 4
- 6 oz dried vermicelli
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ up chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced or ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1½ cups cooked chicken, shredded or chopped or baked tofu, either of these can be omitted
- 1 red sweet pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 3 green onions, cut diagonally into ½-inch pieces
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- lime wedges for garnish
- Cook vermicelli according to package instructions, drain and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine soy sauce, broth, peanut butter, lime juice, ginger, crushed red pepper.
- Cook over medium-low heat until peanut butter is melted.
- Add cooked pasta and toss to coat evenly.
- Stir in cooked chicken, sweet red pepper, green onions and cilantro.
- Serve with lime wedges.