Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Thai Noodle Salad from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 4
- 6 oz dried vermicelli
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ up chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced or ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1½ cups cooked chicken, shredded or chopped or baked tofu, either of these can be omitted
- 1 red sweet pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 3 green onions, cut diagonally into ½-inch pieces
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- lime wedges for garnish
- Cook vermicelli according to package instructions, drain and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine soy sauce, broth, peanut butter, lime juice, ginger, crushed red pepper.
- Cook over medium-low heat until peanut butter is melted.
- Add cooked pasta and toss to coat evenly.
- Stir in cooked chicken, sweet red pepper, green onions and cilantro.
- Serve with lime wedges.