Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 large lemongrass stalks, peeled and cut into 4-inch pieces
- 3 dried Thai kaffir lime leaves, optional
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. peeled, minced fresh ginger
- 2 tsp. roasted chile paste
- 1 1/2 cups chopped oyster or white Mushrooms
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbs. soy sauce
- 3/4 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh cilantro
- 2 to 3 small hot green chiles, seeded and halved, optional
2. In small skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger, and cook, stirring often, about 30 seconds. When broth has simmered for 5 minutes, remove lemongrass and lime leaves and discard. Add cooked garlic and ginger to broth. Return broth to a boil, and stir in chile paste and Mushrooms. Cook until Mushrooms have wilted, about 30 seconds, then stir in lime juice and soy sauce. Remove from heat, and ladle soup into small bowls.
3. Top each bowl with chopped tomatoes, cilantro and a pinch of hot green chiles if desired. Alternatively, tomatoes and chiles can be mixed together and placed in small serving bowl for people to help themselves.